Mountain Bike Lessons
Up Your Two-Wheel Skills
Private Mountain Biking Lessons
Progress the quickest during a personalized session with an instructor. A private, comfortable environment makes it easy to master specific skills and conquer advanced trails. You'll also get the "inside line" from our pros so you can ride lesser known trails.
The Mammoth Bike Park is closed and mountain bike lessons are no longer available.
Rental Locations & Hours
Pick up a rental bike an head straight to the trails from any of our convenient trail-side locations that offer mid-day bike adjustments, as well as free overnight bike storage for multi-day rentals.
We recommend a full face helmet, knee and elbow pads, sturdy shoes, gloves, eye protection & sunscreen. All protective items are available to rent.
What ability levels do you have trails for?
Our trail network offers something for beginners through professionals. Starting with the Discovery Zone and ending with Velociraptor, there truly is something for everyone.
Can my kids ride the park?
We have industry leading beginner terrain in our Discovery Zone and offer world-class instructors as part of our lesson program.
What type of bike do I need?
Most of our trail network is well-suited for a current enduro (5"+ of travel) full suspension mountain bike. However, some of our Expert and Pro-Line trails require a full DH (8" of travel) mountain bike.
Do I ride down the ski runs?
No. We created a trail network designed specifically for mountain biking. Many of our trails do intersect or follow ski runs though. Ever wonder what Stump Alley or Broadway look like without any snow? Now's your chance.
Are eMTBs allowed?
Yes, class 1 pedal assist eMTBs are allowed on all of our mountain bike trails. Riders must follow the same rules as those on normal mountain bikes.
Can I get a tuneup or bike repair?
Yes, walk-ups are welcome for bike repairs and tuneups at The Gear Up, located on the second floor of the Mountain Center.
With hazards existing on the trails, be cautious and use common sense.
- Wear protective gear and clothing – helmets are required.
- Ride with a partner and pick trails that suit your ability level.
- Follow trail etiquette rules: Uphill traffic has the right of way on two-way trails and on downhill trails, the rider in front has the right of way.
- Be aware of the high altitude environment – the sun is more intense and your body fatigues faster. Stay hydrated and keep an eye on changes in weather, including thunderstorms.
- Know and follow the Mountain Biker's Responsibility Code – it is your responsibility.
The trails at Mammoth Bike Park are rough and demanding on both the bike and the body. Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic.
- Helmets are required for all mountain bike trails. Before heading out make sure yours fits correctly and is not damaged.
- Assess safety pads for fit and any damage. Make sure you are wearing the appropriate pads for you skill level and that coincide with the difficulty of the trails you're looking to ride.
- Inspect bike frame for cracks, damaged or dented areas.
- Ensure you have sufficient brake pads to stop your bike while descending.
- Front and rear axles (skewers) should be tight.
- Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
- Check that your tires are in good condition, with no tears or cuts on the rolling surface or sidewall.
- Handle bar and handle grips must be tight and unable to spin. Seat and seat post need to be fastened securely.
If you are not completely familiar with your bike and its various components, these checklist items, or if you have any doubt as to your bike's condition, we highly recommend you check with a qualified bike mechanic for further advice. Visit The Gear Up in the Village for full-service repairs and tuneups.
Save up to 60% off demo bikes from Rocky Mountain, Intense, Trek, Scott, and more at Mountain Center in The Village. Inventory availability is subject to change, email BikeSales@MammothResorts.com for all inquiries.
|COMMENCAL||CLASH JNR||KIDS FULL SUSPENSION||$3,800.00||$1,999.00|
|COMMENCAL||CLASH 24||KIDS FULL SUSPENSION||$3,400.00||$1,899.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE A50||ENDURO||$4,739.00 ||$2,800.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE A50||ENDURO||$4,739.00||$2,599.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE A30||ENDURO||$3,839.00||$1,999.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE A50 PP||eMTB||$7,599.00||$4,550.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE C70 PP||eMTB||$8,599.00||$5,499.00|
|ROCKY MTN||ALTITUDE A70 PP||eMTB||$7,779.00||$4,799.00|
|ROCKY MTN||INSTINCT PP A30||eMTB||$5,599.00||$3,199.00|
|ROCKY MTN||INSTINCT PP A70||eMTB||$6,499.00||$3,699.00|
|ROCKY MTN||REAPER 26||KIDS FULL SUSPENSION||$2,849.00||$1,899.00|
|ROCKY MTN||REAPER 24||KIDS FULL SUSPENSION||$2,299.00||$1,599.00|
|ROCKY MTN||SOUL JNR 24||KIDS HARDTAIL||$689.00||$399.00|
|ROCKY MTN||SOUL JNR 20||KIDS HARDTAIL||$639.00||$349.00|
|SCOTT||RANSOM E 920||eMTB||$6,499.00||$4,200.00|
|SPECIALIZED||TURBO COMO 3.0||eTOWN||$3,250.00||$2,400.00|
|TREK||FUEL EX 7||TRAIL||$3,499.00||$1,899.00|
|TREK||FUEL EX 7||TRAIL||$3,499.00||$2,200.00|