Public Campground in the Heart of Mammoth Lakes
This unique campground offers tent camping sites, trailer/RV sites with hook-ups, rustic bunk style cabins, and free hot showers for all registered guests. Central to the campground is the historic recreational lodge where guests can gather to play board games, ping pong, or relax around the rock fireplace with a good book.
Family Fun Since 1921
With a historic recreation lodge and views of the Sherwins, Mammoth Mountain and the Mammoth Crest, Camp High Sierra has been a family-favorite campground for almost 100 years. Ideally located between town and the Lakes Basin, this is the perfect basecamp for all your favorite Mammoth activities.
869 Lake Mary Road
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
760.934.2368 (summer only)
Exit Highway 395 at the Mammoth Lakes turnoff (Hwy. 203), and continue straight into Mammoth Lakes onto Main Street.
- VEHICLE ACCESS | Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Look for the Camp High Sierra sign set back on the left side of the road, turn left at the sign.
- RV/TRAILER ACCESS | Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Turn left onto Kelly Road, then right onto Majestic Pines Drive, then another right onto the dirt road between the first two houses past the intersection.
- Walk-ups welcome.
- All campsites include a fire pit, picnic table and bear box.
- Please keep campfires small with low flames and put out all fires with water. stirring with shovel until coals feel cool.
- All open flames including campfires, charcoal, and open flames may be prohibited without notice due to weather and dry conditions. Please plan for any unexpected changes.
- Each campsite includes 2 parking spots. Each additional car is $5 per site per day if space available,
- Check-in time is 1PM and check-out time is 11AM. The Front Desk is inside the recreational lodge, where you can purchase firewood and sundries, including bug spray and sunscreen.
- Front Desk is open 8:00AM–8PM.
- Camp quiet hours are 10PM–7AM.
- Campsites with electrical hook ups allow 15 amps of electricity per campsite and have access to water. Please bring your own extension cords and garden hoses.
- Maximum trailer/RV length is 32 feet.
- Generator use is allowed 8AM–8PM.
- Guests staying in the cabins need to provide their own bedding. Electricity is available in the cabins suitable to charge phones or other devices. Cooking is not permitted in the cabins.
- Wild animals are common within the campgrounds. Please keep your camp site clean as not to attract animals. Do not feed any animals.
- Bear boxes are provided at each campsite. All food, cosmetics, other scented items and coolers must be stored in a bear box or a locked vehicle out of sight (bears know what to look for).
- Amplified noise, including music and voice, are not permitted at any time.
- Dog friendly. Local leash laws apply.
- Showers are available for $5 to all non-registered campers. Please check-in and pay at the Front Desk to use showers.
Camp High Sierra is operated by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area under an agreement issued by the City of Los Angeles through the Department of Recreation and Parks.