Camp High Sierra
Camp High Sierra is closed for the 2021 Summer Season. Call 800.MAMMOTH to make reservations for the 2022 Summer Season.
Camp High Sierra
869 Lake Mary Rd.
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
760.934.2368 (summer only)
Exit Highway 395 at the Mammoth Lakes turnoff (Hwy. 203), and continue straight into Mammoth Lakes onto Main Street.
Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Look for the Camp High Sierra sign set back on the left side of the road, turn left at the sign.
Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Turn left onto Kelly Road, then right onto Majestic Pines Drive, then another right onto the dirt road between the first two houses past the intersection.
The Front Desk is inside the recreational lodge. Late arrivals and early departures will be charged.
- Walk-ups welcome.
- All campsites include a fire pit, picnic table and bear box.
- Campfires should be kept small with low flames and put out with water, stirring with shovel until coals are cold.
- Each campsite includes 2 parking spots. Each additional car is $5 per site per day if space available,
- Check-in time is 1PM and check-out time is 11AM. The Front Desk is inside the recreational lodge, where you can also purchase firewood and sundries, including bug spray and sunscreen.
- Front Desk is open 8:00AM–8PM.
- Camp quiet hours are 10PM–7AM.
- Amplified noise, including music and voice, are not permitted at any time.
- Campsites with electrical hookups allow 15 amps of electricity per campsite and have access to water. Please bring your own extension cords and garden hoses.
- Generator use is allowed 8AM–8PM.
- Maximum trailer/RV length is 32 feet.
- Guests staying in the cabins need to provide their own bedding. Electricity is available in the cabins suitable to charge phones or other devices. Cooking is not permitted in the cabins.
- Wild animals are common within the campgrounds. Please keep your campsite clean as not to attract animals. Do not feed any animals.
- Bear boxes are provided at each campsite. All food, cosmetics, other scented items, and coolers MUST be stored in a bear box or a locked vehicle out of sight (bears know what to look for).
- Dog friendly. Local leash laws apply.
- Showers are available for $5 to all non-registered campers. Please check-in and pay at the Front Desk to use showers.
Camp High Sierra is operated by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area under an agreement issued by the City of Los Angeles through the Department of Recreation and Parks.
Policies & Restrictions
Policies are based on arrival date and are per room reserved. Rates may be subject to change without notice. Late arrivals and early departure nights will be charged. All accommodations are non-smoking.
Dogs are welcome in camp for no additional fee, but must remain with you at all times. They must also be on a leash when they are outdoors, inside with you at night, with you when you are away from your cabin or campsite, and always kept as quiet as possible. Local leash laws apply.
Please remember, you are entering an area frequented by bears. Bear boxes are provided at each camp site. All food, cosmetics, other scented items and coolers must be stored in a bear box or a locked vehicle out of sight (bears know what to look for).
Campfires, BBQs and Open Flames
All open flames including campfires, charcoal, and open flames may be prohibited without notice due to weather and dry conditions. Please plan for any unexpected changes.
Each campsite includes 2 parking spots. Each additional car is $5 per site per day if space available,
Camp quiet hours are 10PM–7AM.
Generator use is allowed 8AM–8PM.
No amplified noise, including music or voices permitted at any time.
Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation (MMCF)
Your reservation will be charged a $1 per night donation. 100% of these donations will directly benefit the Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation. You may choose to decline this donation upon check-in.
The Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation raises funds to provide an added margin of excellence for academic and athletic programs as well as learning facilities to benefit our community's children. By supporting children in the Mammoth Community who study, train and compete in our eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains, we will help them reach the highest levels in the United States. The Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation can only be effective in developing world class students, athletes and citizens, with your help. We are pursuing some lofty programs and goals because we believe in our kids and we believe you care about them as well.
Enforcement of Maximum Occupancy
The premises are for the sole use as a personal vacation residence and must not exceed the maximum occupancy established for each residence. No other guests, visitors or persons are permitted. If the premises are used, in any way, by more than the maximum posted occupancy, the Occupant will be charged $1,000 per person, per night in penalty fees; and the Occupant, Authorized Guests and all others may be required to immediately leave or be removed from the premises. Additional fines will be enacted if these and additional policies are violated. Policies subject to change without notice.
Deposit & Cancellation
Mammoth Reservations is happy to assist you in reserving activities for your stay or to answer questions about your reservation. Please call us at 800.MAMMOTH. For group reservations, please contact your group leader.
Advance deposit of the full reservation total plus tax is required at the time of booking. You may cancel or change up until 14 days prior to the arrival date and only forfeit a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations or changes within 14 days of arrival will result in full forfeiture of the deposit. No-shows and early departures are subject to full forfeiture of entire reservation total and tax.
Some promotional offers and discounts may require additional deposits or payment in full and be non-refundable, as stated in the specific offer. If a package has been purchased, any unused portion cannot be refunded or credited for any reason including weather and personal injury. All policies, rates, and fees subject to change without notice.
If you want to change or cancel an existing reservation, you must call us at 800.MAMMOTH or submit an online cancellation request.
Activity Cancellation Policy