What's Done Cannot Be Undone
Sierra Classic Theatre (SCT) presents it's 9th annual Shakespeare in the Woods production of William Shakespeare's Macbeth. Directed by veteran SCT director Susan Dalian, the play is set in a post apocalyptic world where territorial battles ignite, greed reigns, families fester, the dead come back to life, and witches celebrate the prophecy of it all.
|Showtime at 6PM
||Showtime at 6PM
- Cost: $15 suggested donation
- Limited seating is provided, viewers are invited to bring their own low-back chairs or blankets
- Pack a picnic – outside food and beverage is welcome and encouraged.
- Set in The Woods at Mammoth Lakes (formerly Sam's Woodsite) located at 5699 Minaret Road.
- Parking is offered along the roadside on a first come, first served basis.
About Shakespeare in The Woods
Performing Shakespearean plays alfresco is a world-wide summer ritual and a natural fit for the stunning outdoor beauty of Mammoth Lakes. This SCT tradition dates back to 2001, when the young company performed A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Hayden Cabin. Now nothing beats an alpine summer twilight with the scent of Jeffrey Pines wafting through the air. For the past 8 years local and visiting audiences have brought their evening picnics to The Woods at Mammoth Lakes for an evening of outdoor family fun. These productions have a tremendous following, with SCT keeping audiences coming back by dazzling them with unique takes on old classics: Twelfth Night set in the wild west; The Two Gentleman of Verona set in the roaring 20’s; and A Mammoth Midsummer Night’s Dream set right here in Mammoth Lakes. With a mix of seasoned actors and Shakespearean newbies, SCT’s summer shows never fail to delight.
<< Back to Calendar