Public Campground in the Heart of Mammoth Lakes
Family Fun Since 1921
With a historic recreation lodge and views of the Sherwins, Mammoth Mountain and the Mammoth Crest, Camp High Sierra has been a family-favorite campground for almost 100 years. Ideally located between town and the Lakes Basin, this is the perfect basecamp for all your favorite Mammoth activities.
This unique campground offers tent camping sites, trailer/RV sites with hook ups, rustic bunk style cabins, and free hot showers for all registered guests.
Central to the campground is the historic recreational lodge where guests can gather to play board games, ping pong, hold carom competitions, or relax around the rock fire place with a good book.
Call 800.MAMMOTH TO RESERVE YOUR CAMPSITE OR CABIN
Camp High Sierra is operated by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area under an agreement issued by the City of Los Angeles through the Department of Recreation and Parks.
- Walk up welcome.
- All camp sites include a fire pit, picnic table and bear box.
- Check-in time is 1PM and check-out time is 11AM. The Front Desk is inside the recreational lodge, where you can also purchase firewood and sundries, including bug spray and sunscreen.
- Front Desk is open 8:30AM–7PM.
- Camp quiet hours are 10PM–7AM.
- Campsites with electrical hook ups allow 15 amps of electricity per campsite and have access to water. Please bring your own extension cords and garden hoses.
- Maximum trailer/RV length is 32 feet.
- Generator use is allowed 8AM–8PM.
- Guests staying in the cabins need to provide their own bedding. Electricity is available in the cabins suitable to charge phones or other devices. Cooking is not permitted in the cabins.
- Wild animals are common within the campgrounds. Please keep your camp site clean as not to attract animals. Do not feed any animals.
- Bear boxes are provided at each camp site. All food, cosmetics, other scented items and coolers must be stored in a bear box or a locked vehicle out of site (bears know what to look for).
- Please keep campfires small with low flames.
- Dog friendly. Local leash laws apply.
Exit Highway 395 at the Mammoth Lakes turnoff (Hwy. 203), and continue straight into Mammoth Lakes onto Main Street.
- VEHICLE ACCESS | Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Look for the Camp High Sierra sign set back on the left side of the road, turn left at the sign.
- RV/TRAILER ACCESS | Proceed through town on Main Street past the 3rd signal (Canyon Blvd), which then turns into Lake Mary Road. Turn left onto Kelly Road, then right onto Majestic Pines Drive, then another right onto the dirt road between the first two houses past the intersection.
869 Lake Mary Road
Mammoth Lakes, CA
760.934.2368 (summer only)