Mammoth Mountain has your recipe for the vacation of a lifetime at California's highest resort. Take 3,500 acres of terrain for all ability levels, add 400+ inches of annual snowfall, and top it off with 300+ annual days of sweet California sunshine! In addition to traditional alpine skiing and snowboarding, Mammoth Mountain offers 19 miles of cross-country and snowshoe terrain, Snowmobile Adventures through the Eastern Sierra backcountry, and luxurious Snowcat Tours with sweeping mountain views.
There's plenty of winter fun to go around, even when the lifts stop turning!
Mammoth by the numbers:
- Over 3,100 vertical feet
- Over 5,000 skiable acres
- Over 150 named trails
- Over 300 days of sunshine per year
- Top elevation: 11,053 feet
- Base elevation: 7,953 feet
- Average snowfall: 400 inches
- Snowmaking: 46 trails
- 28 lifts (includes 9 high speed quads, 2 high speed six-packs and 3 high speed gondolas)
- Terrain: 15% expert, 20% advanced, 40% intermediate, 25% beginner
- Winter season: approx. Nov. to June