MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN - YOSEMITE AND SCENIC TOURS
Ever since Ansel Adams first brought its magnificent landscape to the public eye, our neighbor to the north, Yosemite National Park, has inspired people and drawn visitors from around the globe. Less than an hour away, Mammoth is the ideal launch pad for your national park adventure. And if you just want to be within eye shot of this wonder, but away from the masses, Mammoth is your spot.
The eastern entrance to Yosemite National Park at Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) is an easy 30-minute drive north of Mammoth on Highway 395. Travel time from Mammoth Lakes to the Yosemite Valley is approximately 2 hours. Please note - Tioga Pass is open in summer months only.
Information about backcountry camping and trail conditions can be found on the website or by calling the Wilderness Office at 209.372.0745.
YARTS - Shuttle from Mammoth to Yosemite
The Yosemite Area Regional Transit System is the easiest way to experience the beauty of Yosemite National Park. Shuttles pick up from several locations in Mammoth and transport you to several locations in Yosemite. On the shuttle you do not have to worry about driving and can sit back and enjoy the incredible scenery. Once in Yosemite you will have over five hours to tour Yosemite Valley with it's majestic rock formations and waterfalls.
YARTS runs Saturdays and Sundays in June and September and daily in July and August.
Fares are round trip and include Park entrance fees:
- Depart Mammoth Mountain Inn - 8am Depart Juniper Springs Resort - 8:15am
- Depart Mammoth Lakes Park & Ride - 8:17am (Old Mammoth Rd. at Tavern Rd.)
- Depart Shilo Inn - 8:30am Arrive in Yosemite Valley - 12:05pm
- Depart Yosemite Valley - 5pm Arrive Shilo Inn - 8:30pm
- Arrive Mammoth Lakes Park & Ride - 8:33pm (Old Mammoth Rd. at Tavern Rd.)
- Arrive Juniper Springs Resort - 8:36am
- Arrive Mammoth Mountain Inn - 8:51pm
Visit Yarts.com for more info.
- $36 Adult/Youth
- $30 Child (12 and under) / Senior (62 and over)
- One Child (12 and under) rides free with each paid adult
Call 800.MAMMOTH for more information or to purchase tickets. Tickets may also be purchased from bus driver prior to departure each morning.