Yosemite National Park
Ever since Ansel Adams first brought its magnificent landscape
to the public eye, our neighbor to the north, Yosemite National
Park, has inspired people and drawn visitors from around the globe.
Less than an hour away, Mammoth is the ideal launch pad for your
national park adventure. And if you just want to be within eye shot
of this wonder, but away from the masses, Mammoth is your spot.
The eastern entrance to Yosemite National Park at Tioga Pass
(Hwy 120) is an easy 30-minute drive north of Mammoth on Highway
395. Travel time from Mammoth Lakes to the Yosemite Valley is
approximately 2 hours. Please note - Tioga Pass is open in summer
Current road and weather conditions are available 24 hours a day
by calling 209.372.0200 or at the Yosemite National
Information about backcountry camping and trail conditions can
be found on the website or by calling the Wilderness Office at
YARTS - Shuttle from Mammoth to Yosemite
The Yosemite Area Regional Transit System is the easiest way to
experience the beauty of Yosemite National Park. Shuttles
pick up from several locations in Mammoth and transport you to
several locations in Yosemite. On the shuttle you do not have
to worry about driving and can sit back and enjoy the incredible
scenery. Once in Yosemite you will have over five hours to
tour Yosemite Valley with it's majestic rock formations and
YARTS runs Saturdays and Sundays in June and September and daily
in July and August.
- Depart Mammoth Mountain Inn - 8am
- Depart Juniper Springs Resort - 8:15am
- Depart Mammoth Lakes Park & Ride - 8:17am (Old Mammoth Rd.
at Tavern Rd.)
- Depart Shilo Inn - 8:30am
- Arrive in Yosemite Valley - 12:05pm
- Depart Yosemite Valley - 5pm
- Arrive Shilo Inn - 8:30pm
- Arrive Mammoth Lakes Park & Ride - 8:33pm (Old Mammoth Rd.
at Tavern Rd.)
- Arrive Juniper Springs Resort - 8:36am
- Arrive Mammoth Mountain Inn - 8:51pm
Fares are round trip and include Park entrance
- $30 Adult
- $20 Child (12 and under) / Senior (62 and over)
- One Child (12 and under) rides free with each paid adult
Click here to view the complete pricing, schedule,
and stop locations
Call 800.MAMMOTH for more information or to purchase
tickets. Tickets may also be purchased from bus driver prior to
departure each morning.